A message to our clients regarding our new policy as of May 25, 2021:
As of May 14, the CDC has lifted its mask mandate for vaccinated people. For businesses like ours, this creates many challenges as there is no clear roadmap on how to handle “getting back to normal.” What we can tell you is that the team at Countryside Animal Health Center is very excited to announce that our clinic will soon be open to clients! We are thrilled to have face-to-face interaction with you again on May 25th. Believe us when we say, we have missed you so much!
As we know with Covid, things are always changing, but as of May 25th:
- When you arrive at the clinic with your pet, please just check-in by calling the front desk at 989-695-2200.
- One human will be allowed in with pet’s and will be put directly into a room as of May 25th. We at this time will only allow two owners in with end of life appointments.
- Our technician only appointments will remain curbside.
- When picking up food and prescriptions, please call 24 hours ahead of time so that your prescription is filled and ready for you when you arrive. We will be providing curbside service to limit people in lobby. Thanks for your loyalty, we are a busy clinic. Calling ahead will also save you time as it is more likely your products will be ready for you on arrival.
We would like to proactively address the elephant in the room, which is our mask policy. There are several reasons we are keeping the mask requirement in place.
- It is what our team feels the safest with at this time. We have small, enclosed spaces in our exam rooms with poor ventilation.
- We have no way of knowing who is vaccinated and who is not.
- Our small staff is highly trained to provide the best possible care for your pet. Our priority is to keep our staff safe so they can continue to care for our patients. Even one sick employee significantly impacts our ability to do that. We have decided it is best for us to continue to require masks at this time. We will monitor and adjust our policy accordingly.
You all have been wonderful throughout this pandemic. We respectfully ask you to be mindful that our staff is mentally and emotionally exhausted from the last year and we would prefer to spend our energy positively on how happy we are to be seeing each of you again, as opposed to debating this policy. As we receive more information in the weeks to come, we will make appropriate adjustments. Our goal is a return to normal. We just need time to do this safely and comfortably and want to thank you in advance for your cooperation. We will continue to send new information out to you as our policies change so that you can remain informed. Once again, thank you so much for you continued support and understanding. We can’t wait to see you!